Benefits & Services
How to apply for the Group Insurance Scheme
For individuals new to Thames Valley Police, please contact the Federation office as there may be an introductory offer available to you.
For All Applications
- Download the relevant forms from the right hand side of this page
- complete a 04 - Medical Underwriting Form for all individuals applying (member and partner, if applicable). (click here for form)
- Complete the 02 - GIS Membership Application Form. (click here for form)
- Complete the 03 – Member Beneficiary form. (click here for form)
- Sign and date all forms at the bottom.
Applications For Partner Cover
- If you wish to apply for cover for a partner, download and complete the 05 - Partner GIS Membership Application Form. (click here for form)
- Your partner must complete a 06 - Partner Beneficiary Form. (click here for form)
- Partners can only obtain cover if you are a member of the scheme.
Top Up Cover
- If you wish to apply for addition Life cover, complete the 07 - Additional Life Cover Application Form. (click here for form)
- If you wish to apply for addition critical Illness cover, complete the 08 – Critical Illness Application Form. (click here for form)
- Top up cover is only available to the Member, it is not available to your partner.
Send all completed forms to the Federation Office at:
76 Wellington Street, Thame, Oxfordshire, OX9 3BN
Retired Officers Upon retirement your membership will automatically move to the Retired Scheme, unless you elect not to continue with cover, and cover is then applicable until your 70th birthday. Unfortunately we are unable to accept new applications from Retired Officers. It is not possible to upgrade the cover on the Retired Scheme.