Flint House


Flint House Rehabilitation Centre
Goring on Thames

 The Police Rehabilitation Centre, a registered charity, was established in Hove, Sussex, in 1890 to provide rest and convalescence to injured police officers. The Rehabilitation Centre is funded almost entirely by the officers themselves, receiving no grants from local or central government.

Flint House is situated in the Chiltern Hills near Goring-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. The Centre, staffed by a dedicated team treats both serving and retired officers living and working within the areas covered by the southern police forces. At Flint House they receive physiotherapy, general nursing, plus specialist treatments such as acupuncture, aromatherapy and hydrotherapy, therapeutic massage, rest and recuperation following either an illness or injury.

Currently the TVP supports officers (who subscribe to Flint House) by allowing them to attend in duty time. This does not extend to reallocating RDs.

To join Flint House Scheme, Police Officers must be members of Thames Valley Police Benevolent Fund. For more details click this link.

To access Flint House please:

Visit the Flint House admission site HERE and download the relevant form, either Psycholigical or Physiotherapy. 

1. Get the form signed by your GP.

2. Print off 3 payslips from Payview; 1 from the preceeding month, one from 13 months ago and at least one other in betweeen those dates to demonstrate that you have been paying into the scheme for at least 12 months. 

3. Send completed form & payslips to Force Welfare Department, HQ(S), D Block, Oxford Road, Kidlington, OX5 2BX.

Only this form will be acceptable by Flint House.

To access Flint House please download the admissions form and send direct to the Welfare Department, Eden Court, Lyne Road, Kiudlington. Only this form will be acceptable by Flint House.

Please use an A5 envelope with 1st class stamp when posting application. Folding and using an A4 envelope will normally require increased postage due to thickness of the envelope. This could delay applications. If in doubt consult with Post Office.  

When you stop being paid (long term sick, for example) you will need to consider provisions to cover  any voluntary deductions that would normally come out of your salary . To continue to remain eligble for Flint House you will need to send payment directly to Flint House once you go to no pay and your deductions stop. Please contact the Thame office for more informtion.

Please click HERE for a series of promotional videos produced by the Federation.

Also Welcome to Flint House video 


Flint House 01491 874499



Benefits & Services

Group Insurance Scheme

Group Insurance CORE Scheme

Welfare & Holiday Home

Welfare Support Programme

Benevolent Fund

Flint House


Federation House


Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority

Death Benefit Fund

Police Dependents Trust

Days Out & Leisure

Mobile Phones

Savings and Investments

Debt Advice



Housing Options


Private Healthcare