Police Officer in Another Force

After retirement it may still to possible to continue a career as a police officer. There are however implications for your pension if you decide to pursue this option.

If you successfully apply to serve in a non Home Office Force, such as the British Transport Police, or the Civil Nuclear Constabulary, then you can also continue to receive your full pension entitlement from Thames Valley Police, at the same time as receiving a salary from your new occupation.

If you successfully apply to serve in a Home Office Force then you cannot continue to receive a pension while you are receiving a salary as a police officer. Your pension will be deferred and you will have to apply for its reinstatement when you terminate your occupation as a police officer with the Home Office Force.


Regulations, Pay & Conditions



Health & Safety

Retirement & Pensions